Find a Lender that Fits Your Financial Needs

VBS Mortgage Unlocks the American Dream

Buying a home is exciting, but a little scary too. Who you choose to finance your first home is one of life’s most important decisions. You can shop for a mortgage lender the same way you shop for a home, but how do you know you’re making the right choice?

Old Dominion Realty and VBS Mortgage have joined forces offering you the best of real estate and home mortgage services. Founded in 1962, Old Dominion Realty is committed to serving and supporting our clients and local communities with unmatched integrity and quality real estate services.

VBS Mortgage, an affiliate of Farmers and Merchants Bank located in Harrisonburg, goes the extra mile to ensure that their home buying customers feel educated and secure throughout the entire purchase. Sorting through the range of home loan options to find the right one for you can be difficult. VBS Mortgage offers numerous home loan services with one certain to fit your personal financial needs.

VBS Mortgage offers competitive products and mortgage rates attractive to most home buyers. Their programs include:

  • USDA Mortgages (also called a Rural Development Loan) is a mortgage loan offered to qualified buyers by the United States Department of Agriculture allowing you to borrow up to 100 percent of the value of a property. USDA loans offer attractive, fixed interest rates.
  • Conventional Mortgages are types of mortgage loans whereby underlying terms are not insured by a government agency. VBS Mortgage offers conventional mortgages for 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 year fixed rate mortgages with as little as 5 percent down.
  • VA Mortgages were created by the United States Department of Veterans’ Affairs to aid veterans and their families purchase homes. Using VA loans allows veterans to borrow up to 100 percent of the value of their future home at reasonable interest rates. While the Department of Veteran Affairs does not issue the VA loans, they insure the loans in the event of a default.
  • FHA Mortgages are insured by the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) and issued by federally qualified mortgage lenders. FHA Mortgages are best for clients with little funds for a down payment wanting to borrow up to 96.5 percent of the value of their future homes. The remaining 3.5 percent down payment can come from a gift or grant making this type of mortgage popular with first-time home buyers.

If you are in need of quality mortgage lenders that service Virginia or West Virginia, contact Old Dominion Realty today.

VBS Mortgage offers expert mortgage knowledge and advice to guide you through the loan process whether you are a first-time home buyer or long-time real estate investor. Download the guides below for valuable information about the home buying process.

New Call-to-action


Custom image 1


Are You Ready
to Buy a Home

Ask a Question
  • Services of Interest
  • Incorrect please try again
    Enter words: Enter numbers:
    Refresh Captcha
    Audio Captcha
    Text Captcha
    Captcha Help

Login to My Homefinder

Login to My Homefinder